Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Keyframing node parameters, part of Learning RealFlow.
- Although it's unlikely that you will…animate objects in RealFlow,…it's very common to animate parameters.…For example, the speed of particles.…I want the water to start pouring out…of the faucet when this handle turns.…When I scrub across the timeline,…with no simulation calculated,…we can see that the handle has some animation…on it beginning at frame 15 until about frame 19.…Let's animate the speed of the emitter…in order to match the existing animation on the handle.…
It works very similarly to Maya, in fact.…And because I have no keyframes on the emitter currently,…and it's parameters are set to where I want them to be,…I wanna go to the end of the animation.…Let's go down to frame 18.…Select the circle emitter in the nodes panel,…go to the circle parameters,…and you'll see speed is set to a value of one.…Let's keyframe that.…Just select the parameter, right-click it,…and choose add key.…
And if you click off of that parameter…onto any other parameter, now you'll see…it's highlighted in orange indicating…that there's a keyframe there on frame 18.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
You'll learn how to create small-scale effects with standard particles, create free-flowing water effects with the Hybrido solver, and simulate open bodies of water such as oceans and ponds with RealWave. Author Aaron F. Ross also shows how to control interactions between objects and fluids with Caronte, the rigid- and soft-body physics engine included with RealFlow.
- Understanding the RealFlow pipeline
- Importing scenes from other 3D programs
- Emitting standard particles
- Caching data
- Simulating a Hybrido fluid
- Creating a Caronte rigid body
- Converting particles and fluids to mesh
- Exporting scenes
- Rendering with mental ray
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
1. Getting Familiar with RealFlow
2. Particle Simulation
3. Hybrido Simulation
4. RealWave with Caronte Rigid-Body Simulation
5. Interoperability with 3D Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.