- [Voiceover] To give a clear and simple illustration…of the new keys only tools in the Curve Editor,…we'll use a very simple animation, a bouncing ball.…I've got 40 frames of animation here.…Let's open up the Curve Editor.…Maximize that view…and we've got our sphere Z position…and our new tools are here, Keys Only Tools,…and we'll look at all of them.…
Starting from the left we have nudge.…Nudge will work on one or more keys,…we can make a selection, click that button…and the selected keys are moved one frame later.…We can keep clicking that button.…If we want to reverse the direction, move them earlier,…hold down the Shift key…and click to nudge to the left or earlier.…Next is flatten to average value.…This only affects multiple contiguous selected keys.…In other words, if you have a discontiguous selection,…like this one, it won't work.…
You need to select several keys…in a contiguous region in time.…With those keys selected,…we can test out flatten to average value…and you can see that all those selected keys…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- New viewport display menus
- Using the standalone Asset Library
- Visualizing computational fluid dynamics
- Exporting to Print Studio for 3D printing
- Saving models and animation with the Game Exporter
- Building complex objects with new Booleans
- Modeling and mapping with new TextPlus primitive
- Editing keyframes with new Curve Editor tools
- Applying skin weights with Voxel and Heat Map solvers
- Mapping spline textures with shape maps
- Simulating surfaces with Physical Material
- Rendering with ART
- Rendering in the cloud with A360
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with mental ray in 3ds Maxwith Brian Bradley4h 7m Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. The New 3ds Max Interface
2. Assets and Interoperability
3. Modeling and Animation
4. Materials and Mapping
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.