Understand concepts and setup for ART rendering
- [Voiceover] At the end of the last chapter…on Materials and Mapping, we briefly looked at…the ART Renderer, or Autodesk Raytracer.…Let's now go into a little bit more depth, talk about…the pros and cons of this physically based…renderer, and also adjust the renderer settings…to get a higher quality with less grain.…In this version of the staircase model…I've added another material to…the floor, and the ART Renderer is already assigned.…Let's go into our render setup dialogue.…
The current renderer is the ART Renderer.…Let's do a baseline rendering with these default settings.…If we got into the ART Renderer tab,…the Render Quality is set to the default…of draft, or 20 decibels of noise.…We'll render it with a draft quality setting.…Our first test render has completed.…Let's now increase the quality.…I'll bring this slider up to a medium value of 28 decibels.…This scale is logarithmic, so as you increase…this slider up towards the right, you will get…much, much longer render times.…
Let's now try it with 28 decibels, or medium quality,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- New viewport display menus
- Using the standalone Asset Library
- Visualizing computational fluid dynamics
- Exporting to Print Studio for 3D printing
- Saving models and animation with the Game Exporter
- Building complex objects with new Booleans
- Modeling and mapping with new TextPlus primitive
- Editing keyframes with new Curve Editor tools
- Applying skin weights with Voxel and Heat Map solvers
- Mapping spline textures with shape maps
- Simulating surfaces with Physical Material
- Rendering with ART
- Rendering in the cloud with A360
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. The New 3ds Max Interface
2. Assets and Interoperability
3. Modeling and Animation
4. Materials and Mapping
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.