Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Interior daylight with ART physical sun and sky, part of 3ds Max: Advanced Lighting.
- [Instructor] It's an exciting for CG visualization…because we have so many options for renderers.…And currently for realistic photometric interiors,…our best option in 3ds Max 2017 is ART,…or the Autodesk Raytracer.…It's more realistic than Mental Ray,…but ART has some limitations you should know about.…ART cannot reproduce any non-physical effect.…That means you cannot break the laws of Physics.…Global illumination is always on.…
Shadows are always on regardless of the state of the light.…Light and shadow exclusion are not supported.…Meaning, you can't hide objects from lights and shadows.…Standard lights are not supported.…You have to use photometric lights.…Also, the standard and Mental Ray sun and sky…are not supported in ART.…But ART has its own solution for that…which is the Sun Positioner…and the Physical Sun and Sky Environment.…In some versions of 3ds Max, there may be a bug…which causes light objects to cast shadows in ART…even if the light is disabled or hidden.…
If you have an area light in your scene,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Photometric lighting and gamma correction
- High dynamic range and exposure control
- Global illumination
- Exterior daylight
- Image-based lighting
- Atmospheric effects
- Geometric backdrops and self-illumination
- Hiding the background for compositing
- Interior daylight
- Studio soft lighting
- Importing photometric data
- Light and shadow exclusion
- Mapping light with Projector Map
- Lens Effects
Skill Level Advanced
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 48m Appropriate for all
2. Exterior Daylight
3. Photometric Interiors
Importing photometric data3m 48s
4. Studio Lighting and Effects
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.