Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Interior artificial light in ART, part of 3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lighting.
- [Narrator] Let's see what our room looks like at night…with some artificial lighting.…We'll create a lamp light, a room light, and a spot.…We'll start with the lamp.…It's a floor lamp here.…We can get in close in the top view…and create the light.…Go to the create panel, lights, free light.…We get a dialog asking if we want…Physical Camera Exposure Control.…Yes we do, so we'll choose yes…and then click to create that light.…Grab the Move tool and move it up…in one of the orthographic views.…
Now it's inside that lamp.…We can zoom in there.…Cool.…Tumble around, double check,…make sure it's the way we want.…With it still selected, go over to the Modify panel,…rename it Lamp Light.…It's got the light distribution type of uniform spherical,…and that is what we want.…Let's emit from a sphere as well so we'll get soft shadows.…Under Shape/Area Shadows choose Sphere…and give it a radius…of 0.05 meters,…so it's five centimeters in radius.…
In dolly forward in the views,…we can see there is now a sphere surrounding that light…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Photometric lighting and gamma correction
- High dynamic range and exposure control
- Global illumination
- Exterior daylight
- Image-based lighting
- Atmospheric effects
- Geometric backdrops and self-illumination
- Hiding the background for compositing
- Interior daylight
- Studio soft lighting
- Importing photometric data
- Light and shadow exclusion
- Mapping light with Projector Map
- Lens Effects
Skill Level Advanced
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
2. Exterior Daylight
3. Photometric Interiors
Importing photometric data3m 48s
4. Studio Lighting and Effects
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.