Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing the Compositor Link files, part of 3ds Max: Rendering for Composites.
- Having taken a quick tour of the State Sets Compositor…and Compositor View Render Element tools,…we're pretty much ready to output…our rendered and precomped footage…to the After Effects application.…There is, however,…assuming (laughs) that we haven't done this already,…one more set of steps that need to be taken…before we are able to make use…of the in drop capabilities that now exist…between 3ds Max and After Effects.…We need to make certain that, one,…we have After Effects (laughs) installed on our system…and that, two, we also have…the 3ds Max Compositor Link Plug-in files…for After Effects installed.…
Now, it used to be that this second step…was one that had (laughs) to be performed manually,…which, of course, we can still do,…but the quicker, easier, and so recommended option…these days (laughs) would be to, first of all, make certain…that the After Effects application is not running,…and then navigate to our 3ds Max Install Folder,…which, in my case, is found at C, Program Files,…Autodesk, 3ds Max Design 2015.…
- Making a pipeline decision
- Understanding how state sets work
- Using state sets for rendering passes
- Setting element parameters
- Creating a custom matte pass
- Installing Compositor Link
- Outputting rendering footage to After Effects
- Adding post-production effects in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2013 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross7h 9m Beginner
Learning CAT Rigging Tools in 3ds Maxwith Joel Bradley2h 33m Intermediate
Modeling a Character in 3ds Maxwith Ryan Kittleson4h 31m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Render Elements
2. Introduction to State Sets
3. Project - Rendering Our Elements
4. Project - Interoperability with After Effects
5. Project - Post Production in Adobe After Effects
What next?1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.