Transfer assets from Asset Library to 3ds Max
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] The Asset Library can also reference files…on your hard drive or local network.…You want to first add a location…by clicking on a plus sign.…And I've got my current project on the desktop,…which is Exercise Files.…Select the root level of that project and click OK.…Now it's listed here, we can select it…and go to the scenes folder,…and we've got a list of the 3ds Max scenes.…Move this over just to get a little bit more…screen real estate.…
Before we drag and drop into our scene,…we want to choose the mode for the transfer.…These three buttons on a tool bar here…will allow us to do that.…I'll select one of these documents here…to refresh the display.…And we've got up here "Merge/Import",…"XRef", or make a link to an external document,…or "Replace".…If I did an import,…then the object would be brought into…the current scene permanently.…If I did an XRef drag,…we would create an XRef scene, not an XRef object.…
All right, so let's do an import.…I'll select "Import or merge",…and the drag "02 02 bookcase black and white"…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- New viewport display menus
- Using the standalone Asset Library
- Visualizing computational fluid dynamics
- Exporting to Print Studio for 3D printing
- Saving models and animation with the Game Exporter
- Building complex objects with new Booleans
- Modeling and mapping with new TextPlus primitive
- Editing keyframes with new Curve Editor tools
- Applying skin weights with Voxel and Heat Map solvers
- Mapping spline textures with shape maps
- Simulating surfaces with Physical Material
- Rendering with ART
- Rendering in the cloud with A360
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with mental ray in 3ds Maxwith Brian Bradley4h 7m Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. The New 3ds Max Interface
2. Assets and Interoperability
3. Modeling and Animation
4. Materials and Mapping
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.