Learn how to export, import, and reference 3D models.
- [Instructor] To leverage the strengths of…different applications it's common to model in…one program and render in another.…If the two apps are from the same developer…then the file formats are usually compatible,…and the transfer can be a…relatively seamless process.…In industry jargon,…we'd say that the production pipeline has a…high degree of interoperability.…However it's very common,…especially in the CAD world,…that designs are modeled and rendered…in programs from different developers and…compatibility becomes a potential issue.…
Most rendering packages support common…3D file formats such as…IGES, STEP, STL, PLY, and OBJ.…These non-proprietary formats can come…in handy when there's no direct…compatibility between apps.…Depending on the format and the capabilities of…the applications themselves,…information might be lost in translation.…Materials and textures might be…altered or removed.…Smooth curves might be simplified…into segmented curves,…or even straight lines.…
Curved surfaces might be tessellated…into flat polygon faces.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Choosing a visualization app
- Managing assets
- Shading with materials and textures
- Daylighting, practical lighting, and studio lighting
- Lightbox and macro photography
- Vehicles and large-scale objects
- Architecture and interior design
- Technical illustrations
- Rendering passes and light groups
- Rendering for print, prepress, and broadcast
- Animating turntables and orbits
- Rigging and animating a walkthrough
Skill Level Beginner
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
3ds Max: Rendering with Arnold (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 40m Intermediate
1. Preparation and Layout
2. Lighting and Shading
4. Rendering and Image Manipulation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.