Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing photometric data, part of 3ds Max: Advanced Lighting.
- [Instructor] To conclude our chapter…on photometric interiors, let's use manufacturer…photometric data to provide a down light in the living room.…Go to the create panel, lights, photometric,…create a free light, and in the top view,…click near the middle of the room there,…and then right click to exit the creation tool.…Grab the move tool, and in one of the Ortho views,…right click, and then click and drag to move…that light up to the ceiling, and we want it…to be somewhere in the neighborhood…of 3.5 meters in the z axis.…
Then go over to the modify panel, and rename it down light,…and the general parameters at the bottom…is the light distribution type.…Change that over to photometric web,…and now we need to choose a map.…We now have a rollout here…that says "Distribution Photometric."…Choose photometric file.…Click that button, and you should be taken to…your current project, Scene Assets Photometric.…I've got an IES file that I downloaded from…Lithonia lighting at lithonia.com,…and that is an LED down light.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Photometric lighting and gamma correction
- High dynamic range and exposure control
- Global illumination
- Exterior daylight
- Image-based lighting
- Atmospheric effects
- Geometric backdrops and self-illumination
- Hiding the background for compositing
- Interior daylight
- Studio soft lighting
- Importing photometric data
- Light and shadow exclusion
- Mapping light with Projector Map
- Lens Effects
Skill Level Advanced
3ds Max: Advanced Materials (2016)with Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
2. Exterior Daylight
3. Photometric Interiors
Importing photometric data3m 48s
4. Studio Lighting and Effects
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.