Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing the mesh, part of Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Asset.
- In order to see all of the hard work…that we have put in so far on display in the Unreal Engine,…the step we need to take next is that of importing…the FBX mesh for our crate, which thankfully,…is a fairly painless process.…Indeed all we need to do, down in the Content Manager,…is click on the big Import Again button, in order to…bring up the import dialogue.…We will, of course, have to navigate to wherever…our FBX mesh is located, which in my case,…is the Exercise files download.…
And, from the Export folder, select the…Crate_Folder FBX File, which will bring up…Unreal's XBF import options dialogue.…Now for the sake of time, one option that we are going to…make use of here is Auto Generate Collision,…which typically speaking, is not something that I would…necessarily recommend.…Seeing as we haven't in any way discussed the subject…of Collision meshes for games up to this point, however,…it would seem wise to simply go ahead and make use of this…automated feature in Unreal for now.…
Because we took the time right at the start of the course…
- Modeling the wood frame
- Adding structural reinforcements
- Creating nails with primitives
- Unwrapping the wood and nails
- Combining UV elements
- Exporting the FBX file
- Creating the shader in Substance Designer
- Simulating weathering and edge wear
- Importing the mesh in Unreal Engine
- Applying the substance
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2013 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross7h 9m Beginner
Learning CAT Rigging Tools in 3ds Maxwith Joel Bradley2h 33m Intermediate
Modeling a Character in 3ds Maxwith Ryan Kittleson4h 31m Intermediate
1. Modeling the Wood
2. Nailing It All Together
3. Unwrapping & Exporting Geometry
4. Creating the Shader
5. Bringing It All Together in Unreal Engine 4
Importing the mesh3m 5s
What next?1m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.