- [Instructor] I'm here in my main scene…with everything being textured,…including these two clock pieces.…Now I have included the texture for these two clock pieces…in the texture folder of exercise file,…if you have access to the exercise files.…I have also added this small piece here,…which has a very basic pattern on top of it,…unlike the one in the reference image.…Now you can add any pattern to it,…just like we have added patterns here.…
I will leave that up to you.…Now I'm going to import my vegetation…that include flowers and grass.…For that, I will go into my File, Import,…and hit Merge.…Now locate the file of vegetation.max…in your exercise files and open that.…Once you open your vegetation.max,…it is going to bring the Merge dialog box.…I'm going to choose the grass,…which I renamed and scroll down…and choose these other objects that I renamed,…such as plant, red yellow flower,…red flower, tulips, white flower one, white flower two…and yellow flower.…
And then hit OK.…Once the object are in my scene, I will just move them…
First, Zaheer explores artistic ways to block out the basic forms of your structure, such as using exaggerated proportions and irregular, tilted shapes. Next, he shows how to add details to the forms. Then he demonstrates how to add the more stylized elements including textures, imported materials, color refinements, and lighting. He wraps up the course by wrapping up the workflow, making final render passes and preparing the scene for export. Along the way, he covers art creation, modeling, compositing, and more.
- Exploring the elements of stylization
- Analyzing a reference image
- Blocking out basic shapes
- Reshaping forms
- Creating details
- Creating stylized elements
- Creating materials in 3ds Max
- Color correcting materials
- Preparing materials for export
- Importing elements into a scene
- Adding lights to a scene
- Setting up V-Ray Renderer
- Fixing issues with renders and lights
- Compositing render passes in Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 58m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
1. Blocking Out Basic Shapes
2. Adding Details to Basic Shapes
3. Creating Stylized Details
4. Creating Textures, Exporting, and Rendering
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.