Observe best practices for Illustrator interoperability.
- [Instructor] For motion graphics applications…or any situation in which you want to import vector art…into 3ds Max, you can take advantage of its ability…to import Adobe Illustrator documents.…There are some limitations…but you can get vector art into 3ds Max…and it will be converted…into editable splines or Bezier splines.…The primary thing to keep in mind…is that 3ds Max can only read the paths…in an Illustrator document.…It will not be able to reproduce…these fill effects, for example,…and any type that is still editable as type…will need to be converted to spline outlines.…
Let me demonstrate.…If I grab the Type tool in Illustrator and select this logo,…we can see that it has a particular font…with some properties.…Well, this needs to be converted to outlines.…I'll go back to the Select tool and select that logo.…Go to the Type menu and choose Create Outlines.…And that is a destructive act.…Once we do that, the font itself no longer exists…and we can't go into the Type panel…to change the fonts or anything like that.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Appropriate for all
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max: Advanced Materials (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.