Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing FBX in Maya, part of Advanced 3ds Max and Maya Integration.
- Before importing the .FBX into Maya…we should make a copy of the .FBX…and put it in the Maya project folder.…I like to do this just so that I have a backup copy.…Maybe someday these two projects…will get separated.…I just want to make sure that all of my assets…for a given project are actually present…within that project folder…and that we're not referring to anything…outside of it.…I'm going to select that…right-click and choose copy.…Go to the Maya project…and within here I don't currently have…an import folder, but I'm going to create one.…
Right-click and choose New Folder.…Call it "Import"…and then go in there…and then right-click and paste.…Now my .FBX document is inside the Maya project.…In Maya I'll go to the file menu and choose "Import."…And I might be taken to the data folder.…I might be taken to scenes.…I want to navigate to that import folder.…Here it is. Import.…Then select the document.…Currently I'm able to select any files…because "All Files" is the default type.…
If that's the case then I wont' see…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Managing and tracking assets
- Setting up a shared texture library
- Streamlining user interfaces
- Using Maya mode hotkeys in 3ds Max
- Harmonizing scene units and frame rates
- Rendering procedural textures to bitmaps
- Translating scenes with the FBX file format
- Correcting materials, lighting, and surfaces
- Using the Send To command
- Baking animation to keyframes
- Saving a geometry cache
- Distilling complex animation with Alembic
Skill Level Advanced
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross4h 31m Intermediate
1. Managing Assets
Asset tracking in 3ds Max4m 19s
2. Harmonizing Preferences
3. Transferring Materials
4. Transferring Models and Animation
5. Transferring Data with Alembic
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.