Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing FBX in 3ds Max, part of Advanced 3ds Max and Maya Integration.
- We've exported the FBX and all the cache files out of Maya…and those are now inside the Maya export folder.…We should move them into the 3DS Max import folder…because they will be depended files for our 3DS Max scene.…In other words, we're opening up a new 3DS Max scene…and importing into that and we're going…to be creating hard links to these cache files.…They need to found for our 3DS Max scene…to work from then on.…It's a good idea then to put these into the 3DS Max folder.…
Select those and cut them, right click and cut,…go into the 3DS Max import folder and right click and paste.…Those are now moved over into the 3DS Max project.…Before we import in 3DS Max, let's check our settings.…Go to Customize, Units Setup, and set…it to Centimeters in the Display Units…and also in System Units, check that…it's centimeters there too,…then go to Time Configuration down here,…and change that to Film because the Maya scene…is twenty four frames per second.…
While we're here we can set…the animation End Time to 360 frames.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Managing and tracking assets
- Setting up a shared texture library
- Streamlining user interfaces
- Using Maya mode hotkeys in 3ds Max
- Harmonizing scene units and frame rates
- Rendering procedural textures to bitmaps
- Translating scenes with the FBX file format
- Correcting materials, lighting, and surfaces
- Using the Send To command
- Baking animation to keyframes
- Saving a geometry cache
- Distilling complex animation with Alembic
Skill Level Advanced
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross4h 31m Intermediate
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
1. Managing Assets
Asset tracking in 3ds Max4m 19s
2. Harmonizing Preferences
3. Transferring Materials
4. Transferring Models and Animation
5. Transferring Data with Alembic
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.