Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing Alembic in 3ds Max, part of 3ds Max and Maya Integration.
- Before importing the Alembic into 3ds Max,…let's copy it into the 3dsMaxProject directory.…It's currently in the MayaProject, cache, alembic.…Select it, right-click, and Copy it.…Go over to the 3dsMaxProject,…and Paste it into the import folder.…Right-click and paste.…Now go into 3ds Max, and before I import it,…check in on my units and frame rate as always.…Customize, Units Setup,…should be set to Centimeters everywhere.…
And the Time Configuration dialog down here…we do want it set to 24 frames per second, Film speed.…Now we can import.…In the application menu, just click Import.…It takes us to our current project's import folder.…Here's the file, click Open.…Our options here are limited.…We usually want Fit Time Range on…which means it's going to…set the number of frames here equal to the incoming file.…
Import to Scene Root means don't create a dummy object,…and link everything to it.…If this is on,…then we will not get an extra dummy object created.…If it's off,…all the imported objects will be parented to a dummy.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Managing and tracking assets
- Setting up a shared texture library
- Streamlining user interfaces
- Using Maya mode hotkeys in 3ds Max
- Harmonizing scene units and frame rates
- Rendering procedural textures to bitmaps
- Translating scenes with the FBX file format
- Correcting materials, lighting, and surfaces
- Using the Send To command
- Baking animation to keyframes
- Saving a geometry cache
- Distilling complex animation with Alembic
Skill Level Advanced
1. Managing Assets
Asset tracking in 3ds Max4m 19s
2. Harmonizing Preferences
3. Transferring Materials
4. Transferring Models and Animation
5. Transferring Data with Alembic
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.