Add environmental lighting.
- [Instructor] If you're rendering with a global…illumination renderer such as A-R-T or Arnold…you also have the option of illuminating the scene…with an environment.…I'm using Arnold in this shot…and I'm going to just add some lighting…coming from outside the windows…using the environment color.…Now we're not going to look at image based…lighting in this exercise.…If you want to learn how to…illuminate an environment using an image…then check out my other course…3ds Max rendering in Arnold.…
For now I just want bright light outside the windows…and that will be fairly realistic actually,…because I'm going to expose for…the room itself illuminated by…these artificial lights I've got in the ceiling.…So let's see what that looks like if we do…an active shade render of the perspective view.…We see that it looks pretty dim, because…there's no exposure control currently.…These are all cylinder lights…that put out 3,000 lumens or so…per fluorescent tube.…
So let's crank up the exposure,…open up the exposure dialogue and that's found in rendering…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.