Join Chris Murray for an in-depth discussion in this video How to use the exercise files, part of 3ds Max: Special Effects for Design Visualization.
- [Instructor] Hopefully you've had a chance to download the Exercise Files for this course and have installed them on your desktop. They should be in a folder called Exercise Files. Inside this folder is a 3ds Max project. This course will mimic that project, and we'll use this directory structure for all of our Exercise Files. If you go into scenes folder, here you will find all of the 3ds Max scenes for everything that you'll be working on in this course. Within the scene assets folder in the images folder, you'll find all of the textures that we'll be working on for this course.
If there are any other folders that are used for anything else in the course, I will direct you to them directly within here. But everything that you need for the course will be located in the Exercise Files folder. Before you begin taking the course, be sure to set your 3ds Max project to this directory, because once you do that, then everything else will be easy to find and will load automatically.
- Creating wet looking materials and masks
- Cool ways to do reveals
- Creating reveals with the Texture Object Mask
- Adding believable realism with animation techniques
- Creating billowing foliage
- Using movie-style camera effects
- Real-world cameras, depth of field, and exposure control