Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video How state sets Work, part of Rendering for Composites inside 3ds Max.
- For the duration of this particular exercise,…we're going to be working inside the main State Sets window,…and as we take a look at how…we can go about using state sets inside…our 3ds Max projects.…To affect any recordable changes in the scene,…we will, of course, need to be working inside…an active state.…Indeed, for this particular case,…we're going to need two of them,…from either the State menu itself, then,…or from the main work area…where we can click on the plus icon…at the head of the States hierarchy…or, indeed, from a right-click on the State Sets root,…we need to use the Add State command.…
Now, we do need to be a little bit careful…when adding new states to the list…because if I just right-click…on the State01 entry,…you can see that we actually have the ability…to create what I refer to as…sub or nested states,…which, although extremely useful in some situations,…are probably not what we want to create…in many instances.…Let's rename State01 here by double-clicking on it…and then giving it a name…that identifies the type of operations…
- Making a pipeline decision
- Understanding how state sets work
- Using state sets for rendering passes
- Setting element parameters
- Creating a custom matte pass
- Installing Compositor Link
- Outputting rendering footage to After Effects
- Adding post-production effects in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2013 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross7h 9m Beginner
Getting Started with CAT Rigging Tools in 3ds Maxwith Joel Bradley2h 33m Intermediate
Modeling a Character in 3ds Maxwith Ryan Kittleson4h 31m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Render Elements
2. Introduction to State Sets
3. Project - Rendering Our Elements
4. Project - Interoperability with After Effects
5. Project - Post Production in Adobe After Effects
What next?1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.