Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video How pelt mapping works, part of Mastering UVW Mapping in 3ds Max.
- Although in many situations, the basic Peel tools…that we have already looked at will work out…just fine for us, the simple truth is that…when we come to start mapping more complex and,…perhaps, even irregular shapes,…we will probably find ourselves, more often than not,…needing to reach for the Pelt Mapping tools.…In this exercise, then, we want to become familiar with…the way in which the Pelt Mapping tool set works.…Once we have done that, we will be able to move on…and take a look, in our next exercise,…at actually making use of the Pelt Mapping system.…
The first thing I want to do here, then,…with my hand geometry selected, is hit the P key…to switch over to a perspective view.…And then, after isolating the selection, use the alt key…and middle mouse button to swing the view around…so that we can see the back of the hand.…Now, essentially, as its position in the roll out suggests,…Pelt Mapping is really just a variant…of 3ds Max's Peel tools,…one that works in a very specific way.…This means the the initial steps leading up…
- What are UVW coordinates?
- Understanding UVW space
- Autogenerating coordinates
- Using map channels
- Working with the World XYZ and Object XYZ systems
- Peel and pelt mapping
- Reshaping UV elements
- Relaxing UVs
- Rendering out a UV template
Skill Level Intermediate
Textures and Materials in 3ds Maxwith Steve Nelle7h 44m Intermediate
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
1. UVW Mapping Basics
2. Digging a little deeper
3. Unwrap UVW Modifier Controls
4. The Edit UVW Interface
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.