Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Goodbye, part of 3ds Max 2016 New Features.
- 3ds Max 2016 has a couple of additional new features…that I didn't cover in this course.…One is A360 cloud rendering which let's you calculate…render jobs on Autodesk servers.…This is an exciting idea because renders are much faster.…But, A360 cloud rendering is not quite ready…for 3ds Max productions due to some limitations.…Currently, it only works with Mental Ray…and yet there are many features of Mental Ray…that are not currently supported for cloud rendering.…For example, my physical camera tutorial…uses a subsurface scattering material…and that doesn't work with cloud rendering.…
Also, there's no support for animation.…Only still images.…But cloud rendering is a great idea…and will probably be immensely useful…in subsequent versions of Max.…The other major new feature that I couldn't cover…is Max Creation Graph,…which is a node-based programming editor…found in the scripting menu.…Currently, it's only useful for programmers…for developing new tools such as…modifiers, primitives, and utilities.…It's not accessible to ordinary users…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Choosing a workspace
- Creating templates
- Importing and exporting models
- Mesh smoothing with OpenSubdiv
- Creating a physical camera
- Rendering Bokeh and motion blur effects
- Using the Camera Sequencer
- Working with state sets
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Interface and Templates
3. Physical Camera
4. Camera Sequencer
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.