Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Goodbye, part of Learning RealFlow.
- As we've seen, RealFlow is a complex…and challenging application with many variables.…I've done my best to simplify…and streamline the learning process.…In actual production you'll find…that many hours of experimentation are often necessary…to get good fluid simulations.…The good news is that RealFLow scales well.…You can pile on more and more particles or mesh vertices,…and RealFlow can handle it.…Of course that doesn't necessarily mean…that your computer can handle it,…or that you have the luxury of waiting…for long simulation times.…To help with processing bottlenecks, RealFlow offers…a form of distributed processing called IDOC.…
It stands for Independent Domain of Computation.…This allows you to calculate simulations…on multiple computers at once.…If that's not an option for you,…my advice is to keep each simulation within a scope…that works with your hardware and schedule…by performing rigorous tests along the way.…Thanks for watching this course, and goodbye.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
You'll learn how to create small-scale effects with standard particles, create free-flowing water effects with the Hybrido solver, and simulate open bodies of water such as oceans and ponds with RealWave. Author Aaron F. Ross also shows how to control interactions between objects and fluids with Caronte, the rigid- and soft-body physics engine included with RealFlow.
- Understanding the RealFlow pipeline
- Importing scenes from other 3D programs
- Emitting standard particles
- Caching data
- Simulating a Hybrido fluid
- Creating a Caronte rigid body
- Converting particles and fluids to mesh
- Exporting scenes
- Rendering with mental ray
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross4h 31m Intermediate
1. Getting Familiar with RealFlow
2. Particle Simulation
3. Hybrido Simulation
4. RealWave with Caronte Rigid-Body Simulation
5. Interoperability with 3D Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.