In this video, learn how to render bounce light, reflections, and transmission.
- [Instructor] Global illumination, or GI,…generally means any rendering method…that models the transfer of light among surfaces.…The first generation of rendering technology…uses a simple model, local illumination,…in which each surface is lit separately.…We still use local illumination…for draft and interactive renderings,…but for photo realism, we must enable GI.…The second generation of renderers offer basic forms of GI,…such as ray traced specular reflections.…
Diffuse reflections, or bounce light,…is handled by various methods, such as radiosity meshing,…irradiance mapping, and final gathering.…But these various forms of GI…work independently of one another,…and these rendering methods require expertise…and lengthy setup time to achieve best results.…Today we're in the third generation of rendering technology…with unified path tracing, brute force GI,…and unbiased rendering.…
These various advancements enable designers and engineers…to save valuable production time…and focus their attention more on the project goals.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Choosing a visualization app
- Managing assets
- Shading with materials and textures
- Daylighting, practical lighting, and studio lighting
- Lightbox and macro photography
- Vehicles and large-scale objects
- Architecture and interior design
- Technical illustrations
- Rendering passes and light groups
- Rendering for print, prepress, and broadcast
- Animating turntables and orbits
- Rigging and animating a walkthrough
Skill Level Beginner
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
3ds Max: Rendering with Arnold (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 40m Intermediate
1. Preparation and Layout
2. Lighting and Shading
4. Rendering and Image Manipulation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.