Each render element can have unique adjustments made to its UI controls. In the next two videos, learn how to set up the required options for your particular shot and learn why you are making those choices as well.
- To accurately reconstruct our composite, … the full range of diffuse lighting currently found … in our v ray scene, … we will of course, … need to capture more than just direct light, … given that bounced or reflected light … is also present and contributing greatly … to the final outlook of our lighting setup. … Now in terms of technical jargon, … you may hear bounced light in a render engine setting, … being referred to as global illumination, indirect lighting, … which sometimes has the word diffuse inserted into it, … and from those who may have been working with CG lighting … for quite some time, … you may also hear the term radiocity thrown around. … Although that technically is a word that refers to the type … of algorithm being used for indirect lighting, … as opposed to a general term that should be used when … talking about bounced light. … Now, of course, … we do have choices in v ray next for three DS max regarding … the global illumination algorithms that we want to use when …
This course was created by Brian Bradley. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Why use render elements in 3ds Max
- Output options in V-Ray Next and 3ds Max
- Using state sets for rendering in passes
- Compositing lighting and other beauty pass elements
- Exploring the render elements in depth
- Compositing an animated sequence from start to finish
Skill Level Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross3h 36m Advanced
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 37m Advanced
3ds Max and V-Ray: Exterior Lighting and Renderingwith George Maestri1h 35m Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
1. Rendering for Compositing
2. An Introduction to State Sets
3. Working with the Beauty Pass Elements
4. A Deeper Dive into Render Elements
5. Project: Working with an Animated Sequence
6. Compositing in After Effects
Next steps1m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.