Identify additional learning resources.
- [Instructor] In this course,…we've seen that 3ds Max is a very…versatile 3d application with many deep features.…Of course, we can only cover the basics…in an essential training course.…To extend your knowledge and experience of 3ds Max,…take a look at some of the other…excellent courses we have here.…We've got many great options for you to learn more.…I've authored several courses on rendering…including Advanced Materials, Advanced Lighting,…Cinematography, and the Arnold Renderer.…I'm also authoring a weekly series…called 3ds Max Tips, Tricks, and Techniques…where I cover a variety of topics…including the newest software features.…
So check every week for something fun to learn in 3ds Max.…But no matter what your area of interest,…whether it be character animation,…visual effects, or design visualization,…you'll find lots of great 3ds Max courses…from authors such as George Mastry and Brian Bradley.…I hope you've accomplished your learning goals…for this course.…It's my pleasure to help you get started…in this powerful 3d program.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.