Whenever we want to work with 32 bit, floating point files in After Effects, we will need to make a few alterations to the applications default project setup, in order to really get the best out of them. This includes altering the projects bit depth, as well as then linearizing the working space so as to get accurate colour and lighting calcuations.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] With all of our footage now rendered,…you may be wondering whether or not…we will be using state sets and its render…element compositor view functionality…to get all of these images into the…aftereffects application.…Well, the short answer to that question is no.…Essentally for three reasons.…Firstly, the link functionality between…3ds Max 2016 and aftereffect 2015…has suffered from a number of issues…this time around, with autodesk releasing…a new version of the installer plugin…back in September 2015.…
Now, although this appears to have worked…for the majority of users, a few,…myself included, continue to experience…a number of issues with the system.…Add this to the fact that aftereffects…is obviously only one of a number…of extremely popular and powerful…pieces of compositing software that we…could use here, and that, thirdly,…my fellow lynda.com author Joel Bradley…has already covered compositor link workflow…in his rendering for composites inside 3ds Max…lynda.com course, well, in the face of all that,…
- What is V-Ray RT?
- Using RT as an ActiveShade renderer
- Taking the options further
- Setting up a V-Ray RT project in 3ds Max
- Adding geometry and cameras
- Creating animation with V-Ray RT
- Setting up a particle system and deflectors
- Adding lighting
- Texturing and adding materials
- Adding render elements
- Adjusting render element parameters
- Compositing in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with mental ray in 3ds Maxwith Brian Bradley4h 7m Intermediate
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
1. Introduction to V-Ray RT
2. Project—Setting Up the Scene
3. Project—Creating Animation
4. Project—Setting up the Lighting
5. Project—Working with Materials
6. Project—Working with V-Ray RT & Render Elements
7. Project—Compositing in After Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.