In this video, learn about one very specific workflow possibility and how to use the State Set tools to render very specific passes out of 3ds Max.
- With all of our footage rendered out, … we are ready to bring everything into After Effects so that … we can do some work on the Sequence in the next chapter. … And so with a new 32-bit Project … already open in After Effects, let's right click … in the Project Panel and then create a new folder … entitled Dolly Shot Sequences. … With the folder highlighted, … let's then hit the Ctrl + I keys. … And in the Import Dialogue that appears, … navigate to our Dolls Project Folder, … use the Ctrl + A keys to select all of the images … that we find there. … And then we can put a check in the Multiple Sequences box … and finally hit the Import button. … Now, before we go ahead … and do any kind of work here in After Effects, … there are a few settings that it would be good … to either tweak or at least check on … so that we know everything will work just right for us. … The first of which, is to make certain … that our project is set to take advantage … of the half float, … opening XLR files that we have rendered out. …
This course was created by Brian Bradley. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Why use render elements in 3ds Max
- Output options in V-Ray Next and 3ds Max
- Using state sets for rendering in passes
- Compositing lighting and other beauty pass elements
- Exploring the render elements in depth
- Compositing an animated sequence from start to finish
Skill Level Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross3h 36m Advanced
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 37m Advanced
3ds Max and V-Ray: Exterior Lighting and Renderingwith George Maestri1h 35m Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
1. Rendering for Compositing
2. An Introduction to State Sets
3. Working with the Beauty Pass Elements
4. A Deeper Dive into Render Elements
5. Project: Working with an Animated Sequence
6. Compositing in After Effects
Next steps1m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.