- View Offline
- Choosing the appropriate collection type
- Using the Property Editor to set up an object's physical properties
- Working with soft body modifiers
- Accessing and using the Reactor toolbar
- Making objects appear soft and pliable
- Using constraints to limit object movement
- Animating objects breaking apart
- Creating realistic water using a reactor helper object
- Previewing simulations
- Controlling simulation accuracy
- Creating keyframes for a dynamic simulation
Skill Level Beginner
Hi, my name is Steve Nelle. I'd like to welcome you to 3ds Max 2011, Getting Started with Reactor. Using one of the most popular 3D packages in the world today, we're going to be taking a detailed look into Reactor's robust setup tools. And in this getting started title, we're going to be learning this terrific toolset pretty much from scratch. We'll be delving into both rigid body and soft body dynamics. Doing everything from breaking things apart to creating believable collisions where one object can automatically detect and react to another.
We'll also be taking a look at the impressive cloth system in Reactor, capable of creating true to life movement in anything from a living room curtain to a character's wardrobe. Reactor also offers a really cool constraining system that we'll be working with, setting a scene up where one object can drive or be in control of another. In addition to that, we'll look into creating fluid-type effects where objects can realistically react to coming in to contact with water-like surfaces. And we'll be doing all these in project format, going through a series of exercises, each designed to teach you what you need to know in order to get up and running with the Reactor utility as soon as possible, so we've got a lot to cover.
Let's get going with 3ds Max 2011, Getting Started with Reactor.
Sign up for a Premium Membership to download courses for Internet-free viewing.
Watch offline with your iOS, Android, or desktop app.Start Your Free Trial
After signing up, download the course here or from the iOS/Android App.