- View Offline
- What is CAT?
- Using and editing preset rigs
- Repositioning bone pivots
- Using CAT control gizmos
- Working with spines
- Adding limbs to a character
- Working with adjustment and motion layers
- Animating with the foot pivot system
- Building a start-to-finish rig with CAT
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hello. My name is Joel Bradley, and welcome to Getting Started with CAT Rigging Tools in 3ds Max. We will start the course off with an overview of CAT, itself, and then we will familiarize ourselves with where CAT features can be found in the 3ds Max user interface. We will take a look at using CAT's quick rigging options as well as spending some time looking at how to build a CAT rig from the ground up. We will also be looking at how we can work with some of CAT's more complex tools, such as CAT Muscle and the Muscle Strand.
CAT's very powerful animation layer system, front pivot setup, and IKFK Systems will all be considered. Using a rig that we will build during the course, we will also explore CAT Motion. Let's jump in and get started.