Getting Started with CAT Rigging Tools in 3ds Max
Discover an alternative to the traditional character rigging workflow with the Character Animation Toolkit (CAT) for 3ds Max, which offers preset character rigs as well as custom tools for creating a rig from scratch. Author Joel Bradley demonstrates animation layers; CAT muscles, which you can use to create a skin that deforms and stretches realistically as your character moves; and the forward/inverse kinematics workflow. The final chapter puts all these features into motion, as you apply the tools to a full character rig with secondary bones and perform a stress test animation.
- What is CAT?
- Using and editing preset rigs
- Repositioning bone pivots
- Using CAT control gizmos
- Working with spines
- Adding limbs to a character
- Working with adjustment and motion layers
- Animating with the foot pivot system
- Building a start-to-finish rig with CAT
- [Voiceover] Hello. My name is Joel Bradley, and welcome to Getting Started with CAT Rigging Tools in 3ds Max. We will start the course off with an overview of CAT, itself, and then we will familiarize ourselves with where CAT features can be found in the 3ds Max user interface. We will take a look at using CAT's quick rigging options as well as spending some time looking at how to build a CAT rig from the ground up. We will also be looking at how we can work with some of CAT's more complex tools, such as CAT Muscle and the Muscle Strand.
CAT's very powerful animation layer system, front pivot setup, and IKFK Systems will all be considered. Using a rig that we will build during the course, we will also explore CAT Motion. Let's jump in and get started.
Building Responsive Forms with Flexbox23,151 Views
Manga Studio Essential Training36,841 Views
The Fundamentals of Document Retention and Data Management51,099 Views
Insights from a Content Marketer99,067 Views
Creative Inspirations: Ed Emberley, Children's Book Illustrator33,245 Views
3ds Max 2015 Essential Training515,189 Views
3ds Max 2016 Essential Training438,473 Views
Character Rigging in 3ds Max86,586 Views
3ds Max 2013 Essential Training827,524 Views
Deke's Techniques1,567,617 Views