- Although the handling of both system and file gamma options has in recent versions of 3ds Max become greatly simplified, there is still a chance if we have our own copy of 3ds Max setup in a non-default way that we could encounter this gamma mismatch warning dialogue. As we work with the provided scene files for this course. The dialogue is simply 3ds Max's way of telling us that the gamma settings saved in the scene file differ from the settings currently at work in the application itself.
To make certain that what you see in 3ds Max as you work matches the visual presentation found in these videos which have all been created using 3ds Max's default gamma settings, all we need to do is select the adopt the file's gamma and lot settings option and all will be fine. If we should by mistake go ahead and select the wrong option here, though, we don't need to panic. As switching gamma options inside 3ds Max is a simple and straightforward process.
All we do is come to the customize menu, select the preferences option, and then in the gamma and lot tab of the dialogue, set gamma to be enabled, make sure the gamma value is set at 2.2 and also ensure that both boxes in the materials and color section are checked. And once that is done, everything from the exercise files download should work just fine.
- Modeling the wood frame
- Adding structural reinforcements
- Creating nails with primitives
- Unwrapping the wood and nails
- Combining UV elements
- Exporting the FBX file
- Creating the shader in Substance Designer
- Simulating weathering and edge wear
- Importing the mesh in Unreal Engine
- Applying the substance
Skill Level Intermediate
Modeling a Character in 3ds Maxwith Ryan Kittleson4h 31m Intermediate
3ds Max 2013 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross7h 9m Beginner
Learning CAT Rigging Tools in 3ds Maxwith Joel Bradley2h 33m Intermediate
1. Modeling the Wood
2. Nailing It All Together
3. Unwrapping & Exporting Geometry
4. Creating the Shader
5. Bringing It All Together in Unreal Engine 4
Importing the mesh3m 5s
What next?1m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.