Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Gamma handling, part of Mastering UVW Mapping in 3ds Max.
- Although the handling the both system…and file Gamma options has, since 3ds Max 2014,…become greatly simplified.…There is still a very real chance,…depending on how we have our own copy of 3ds Max set up,…that we may encounter Gamma mis-match warning dialogues…as we work with the provided…scene files now for this course.…The dialogue is simply Max's way of telling us that…the Gamma settings saved in the scene file differ…from the settings currently at work in 3ds Max itself.…
To make certain that what you see in the application…as you work matches the visual presentation found…in these videos, all you need to do is choose the…"Adopt the File's Gamma and LUT Settings" option…on each and every encounter with the dialogue,…and all will be fine.…If, by mistake, we do select the wrong option here,…we don't need to worry, as switching Gamma options…inside 3ds Max is a very simple and straightforward process.…All we do, is come up to the "Customize" menu,…select the "Preferences" option, and then,…in the "Gamma and LUT" tab of the dialogue,…
- What are UVW coordinates?
- Understanding UVW space
- Autogenerating coordinates
- Using map channels
- Working with the World XYZ and Object XYZ systems
- Peel and pelt mapping
- Reshaping UV elements
- Relaxing UVs
- Rendering out a UV template
Skill Level Intermediate
Textures and Materials in 3ds Maxwith Steve Nelle7h 44m Intermediate
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
1. UVW Mapping Basics
2. Digging a little deeper
3. Unwrap UVW Modifier Controls
4. The Edit UVW Interface
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.