- [Instructor] Let us fix the issues.…The first issue was that white…plane occurring in the alpha,…which would cause the problem…of separating the foreground, from the background…when we are compositing our renders inside Photoshop.…So I'll go to my perspective viewport…and show you my lights.…This is the dome light, ambient occlusion light,…and my direct light,…which I have added to the quick selection.…So if I'm in my camera view,…I can select any of them from here.…To fix the issue with the white plane in alpha,…a quick fix is go to your VRayLight,…which is the dome light.…
And under the dome light, expand that.…Make sure you uncheck the Affect alpha,…and this will actually fix the issue with the transparency.…And now that should be solved,…and if you save that as a png,…you should have a perfect cutout in your image.…The second thing we discussed,…was the lighting was pretty flat.…So let me just show you some renders.…I have changed my resolution for rendering…back to 1920x1080, and took some renders.…
And let me just show you those renders.…
First, Zaheer explores artistic ways to block out the basic forms of your structure, such as using exaggerated proportions and irregular, tilted shapes. Next, he shows how to add details to the forms. Then he demonstrates how to add the more stylized elements including textures, imported materials, color refinements, and lighting. He wraps up the course by wrapping up the workflow, making final render passes and preparing the scene for export. Along the way, he covers art creation, modeling, compositing, and more.
- Exploring the elements of stylization
- Analyzing a reference image
- Blocking out basic shapes
- Reshaping forms
- Creating details
- Creating stylized elements
- Creating materials in 3ds Max
- Color correcting materials
- Preparing materials for export
- Importing elements into a scene
- Adding lights to a scene
- Setting up V-Ray Renderer
- Fixing issues with renders and lights
- Compositing render passes in Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 58m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
1. Blocking Out Basic Shapes
2. Adding Details to Basic Shapes
3. Creating Stylized Details
4. Creating Textures, Exporting, and Rendering
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.