Join Zaheer Mukhtar for an in-depth discussion in this video Finishing the triangular roof portion, part of 3ds Max: Stylized Environment for Animation.
- [Tutor] I took a minute and went ahead…and just fixed this, and it was an easy job,…and one other thing I did was just took a plane from here,…made a copy and brought it here, and made it small,…and fit that in this opening at the top…which is kind of not very necessary…because it will be covered at the top here.…So now we need to create this part…and for that if I just select this…since these are separate objects,…so I will just go ahead and hit the attach button,…press F4 so I can see the wire frame as well,…and select all these; again press F4.…
And if I make a copy of this,…move it upward and make a copy,…and then scale it down,…the issue would be that we have slightly broken…the consistency and the planks at the top…are way too smaller than here.…So the problem would be if I go slightly…at the distance, this would become noise…and plastic consistency is broken.…So I need to find another way.…And here is the other way which is kind of simple.…I have selected this…and since I have lots of modifier…and I'm done with the editing,…
First, Zaheer explores artistic ways to block out the basic forms of your structure, such as using exaggerated proportions and irregular, tilted shapes. Next, he shows how to add details to the forms. Then he demonstrates how to add the more stylized elements including textures, imported materials, color refinements, and lighting. He wraps up the course by wrapping up the workflow, making final render passes and preparing the scene for export. Along the way, he covers art creation, modeling, compositing, and more.
- Exploring the elements of stylization
- Analyzing a reference image
- Blocking out basic shapes
- Reshaping forms
- Creating details
- Creating stylized elements
- Creating materials in 3ds Max
- Color correcting materials
- Preparing materials for export
- Importing elements into a scene
- Adding lights to a scene
- Setting up V-Ray Renderer
- Fixing issues with renders and lights
- Compositing render passes in Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
1. Blocking Out Basic Shapes
2. Adding Details to Basic Shapes
3. Creating Stylized Details
4. Creating Textures, Exporting, and Rendering
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.