Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Finishing off the drive wheel, part of Game Art: Model & UV Map a Low Poly Character.
- Picking up from where we left off…in the previous exercise then.…What we want to do is add another Edit Poly Modifier,…and enter Border Sub-Object Mode.…And then select the back border as,…we're going to use the move and scale tools…to get the look that we want rather than the bevel tool.…Let's make sure the border is lined up…to where the bevel starts in our high-poly mesh.…And then holding down the shift key…with the move tool engaged,…let's drag out to extrude until…we roughly match what we see in our reference geometry.…
We will want to keep an eye on how things are looking…in our top view port here as well.…And so let's press the R key to engage the scale tool,…and then in the perspective view port,…using the ZY plane, on the gizmo…we can scale this down a little…'til it better matches what we want.…We can then engage the move tool…and shift click to extrude,…right the way across until we meet up with…where the next bevel is going to take place.…In the right view port let's engage the scale tool…and this time using the YX plane,…
- Gamma and scale
- Setting up a scene
- Creation and shaping
- Using symmetry modifiers
- UV mapping
- Using guide objects
- Detailing and finishing
- Refining a model
- Prepping a model
- Exporting a model
- Fixing issues
- Normal map baking
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Appropriate for all
1. Modeling and Unwrapping the Drive Wheel Assembly
2. Building and UV Mapping the Wheels and Tread
3. Creating and Mapping the Head
4. Modeling and UV Mapping the Piston Assembly
5. Final Modeling, FBX Export, and Normal Map Baking
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.