- Before we can begin to assemble our crate, of course,…we are going to need all of the relevant…geometry sections available to us.…To get things moving then,…let's select our geometry,…and after pressing the W key to engage…the Move Tool, hold down the Shift key,…and then left click and drag to the right…in order to create a copy of our cells.…We're not actually going to use this…for our crate assembly,…but we will come back to the reason why…I have created it in the very next video.…Let's just make sure this is well out of the way then,…and then press the Alt plus W keys…so that we can come into a top view.…
We will need our angle snap toggle on,…so let's press the A key…and then hit the E key to engage the Rotate Tool.…Holding down Shift, I am then going to left click…and drag so as to create a copy…at -90 degrees.…Given that we are in the end…going to be attaching all of the meshes…that we create here together,…choosing the Instance option…would have no benefit.…Let's press W to engage the Move Tool,…S to enable 3D snapping,…
- Modeling the wood frame
- Adding structural reinforcements
- Creating nails with primitives
- Unwrapping the wood and nails
- Combining UV elements
- Exporting the FBX file
- Creating the shader in Substance Designer
- Simulating weathering and edge wear
- Importing the mesh in Unreal Engine
- Applying the substance
Skill Level Intermediate
Modeling a Character in 3ds Maxwith Ryan Kittleson4h 31m Intermediate
3ds Max 2013 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross7h 9m Beginner
Learning CAT Rigging Tools in 3ds Maxwith Joel Bradley2h 33m Intermediate
1. Modeling the Wood
2. Nailing It All Together
3. Unwrapping & Exporting Geometry
4. Creating the Shader
5. Bringing It All Together in Unreal Engine 4
Importing the mesh3m 5s
What next?1m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.