Once the composite is set up, a few tweaks are needed to finalize the image. In this video, learn how to add some adjustment layers and finalize the image.
- [Instructor] Now once you have the image … close to how you want it, … you could start to finalize it. … Now finalization really depends on how you like … to use Photoshop, but for me, I like to add in … just a little bit more color correction, … and then if I need it, maybe something like a vignette … So for this particular image, … I do want to add some color corrections. … I'm going to go to the very top of the layer stack … and we're going to add then an adjustment layer. … So that's this little button here. … And the first one I want to add is Levels. … Now I could certainly do Brightness Contrast, … but I think Levels gives me a little bit more control … than a simple Brightness Contrast. … So when I bring up Levels here, … I can control the middle slicer here to control gamma. … This controls brightness and then this one … I usually leave alone because usually the image … has enough darkness on that side. … So really what I'm trying to do is just get a good … Now in addition to this, I may also want …
- Setting up V-Ray
- Setting up environmental lighting
- Adding sunlight to a scene
- Rendering a hero pass
- Creating reflection and selection passes
- Adding ambient occlusion
- Lighting for night
- Setting up a matte pass
- Adjusting light, shadow, and reflections
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
3ds Max: Substance to V-Ray Workflowswith Brian Bradley1h 35m Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross3h 36m Advanced
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 37m Advanced
1. Set Up the Scene and Environment
2. Lighting for Daytime
3. Daytime Rendering and Compositing
4. Lighting for Night
5. Night Rendering and Compositing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.