Once the composite is set up, a few tweaks are needed to finalize the image. In this video, learn how to add some adjustment layers and finalize the image.
- [Instructor] At this point, we're really close … to having our final output. … Now we can certainly go through our image … and adjust whatever we want to adjust … to make it exactly the way that we want, … and typically before I do a final output, … I like to add in a few more adjustment layers … just to have final control over the image. … Now we can find adjustment layers here … in the Layers menu. … One of the ones I like is either … Levels or Brightness Contrast. … Now we've used levels before, so let's go ahead … and just do a simple brightness contrast … on this image as an adjustment layer. … Now, brightness will give me just a little bit more pop … to the image and maybe just drop contrast … just a little bit to give it a little bit … of a softer lighting effect. … And again, this is really up to your own personal taste. … If we want we can also add in things that effect color, … such as hue saturation or vibrance. … I'm going to select vibrance here … and we can either turn that up or down, …
- Setting up V-Ray
- Setting up environmental lighting
- Adding sunlight to a scene
- Rendering a hero pass
- Creating reflection and selection passes
- Adding ambient occlusion
- Lighting for night
- Setting up a matte pass
- Adjusting light, shadow, and reflections
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
3ds Max: Substance to V-Ray Workflowswith Brian Bradley1h 35m Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross3h 36m Advanced
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 37m Advanced
1. Set Up the Scene and Environment
2. Lighting for Daytime
3. Daytime Rendering and Compositing
4. Lighting for Night
5. Night Rendering and Compositing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.