Once the major lights are added to the scene, fill light may be needed to unify the overall lighting and reduce shadows. George adds two fill lights to boost the lighting in the kitchen and dining room.
- [Instructor] With our accent lighting in place, … you can see that we have a slightly more interesting image. … I have highlighted this dining room table. … I also added in one more under the stove vent. … But we still don't have enough light … to really see the scene, and this is where we need … to start adding fill lights. … Now, in photography, these would basically be the soft boxes … that you would use to give a nice fill or general light. … So, I definitely need some here in the dining room, … so let's go ahead and start with that. … So, I'm going to create a light. … I'm going to create a V-Ray light. … It's going to be a planer light. … I'm creating them out here just because it's easy to see … where the light is, and I'm just going to create … something about that big, about four or five feet square, … and then I'm going to move it into my scene. … And then, from the top viewport, … I'm going to bring it in somewhere around here. … So, what I want is I want a light … that illuminates mostly the dining room. …
- Using exposure compensation
- Using photometric lighting
- Adding sunlight
- Adjusting auxiliary lights
- Balancing lights
- Daytime rendering
- Compositing in Photoshop
- Nighttime lighting
- Night rendering and compositing
- Adding reflections and final touches
Skill Level Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
3ds Max: Substance to V-Ray Workflowswith Brian Bradley1h 35m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Scene
2. Lighting for Daytime
3. Daytime Rendering and Compositing
4. Lighting for Night
5. Night Rendering and Compositing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.