Once our stencil has been used, it can be discarded. Then we can then use our newly created and cleaned up topology to extrude and make the addition to our mesh we intended.
- [Instructor] Continuing on from our previous exercise,…what we want to do in this video is essentially get…the basic extrude for our viewing port in place,…so that we can then use the final exercise in this chapter…to really refine its look by means of a presets modifier.…After selecting our helmet and coming down…to the editable poly level in the stack,…let's jump into border sub-object mode.…And click to select the border of our cutout,…making certain to press F4 so as to more easily see…the flow of the shape that we will be creating.…
We then, once Ctrl + click in the command panel…in order to convert this to an edge selection.…And then from the Edges panel in the ribbon,…Shift + click on the extrude button.…Now we're going to right click on…the height and width spinners in order to zero them out.…And then set the width control to a low value of about 0.84.…And then click OK. Activating our scale tool…using the R key, we can use the very center of the gizmo…in order to scale things down ever so slightly…
- Modeling with splines
- Creating a working grid
- Duplicating and welding components
- Extruding complex shapes from components
- Building shapes with primitives
- Applying subdivision creasing
- Box modeling
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Intermediate
1. Modeling with splines
2. Creating Complex Shapes from Components
3. Building with Primitives
4. Modeling with Edge Cuts
5. Box Modeling
What's next?1m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.