Model a complex object made of tubes.
- [Instructor] Earlier in the chapter…we saw how to make a spline renderable…by just turning on that switch in the Modify panel.…And we can make a spline render as a tube…or as a rectangular prism.…But if we want to create a complex object…from a series of splines,…and also make sure that the joints of that object…are seamless,…then we can use a Sweep modifier.…And I'll use it in this case to create the framing…for the glass walls of this office building.…
And I've got two editable spline objects already built.…This one is old window frame west,…and this is window frame north.…And we can see that if we go into the Modify panel,…that they are line objects or editable spline objects.…They are the same thing.…And I want to create a frame from this…so let's add the Sweep modifier.…Go into the Modify panel, to the Modify List,…scroll down and we've got Sweep.…
So click to add that,…and let's get in really close in the perspective.…You'll maximize it with alt + w,…and get in really close.…And we can see that it's got some thickness.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.