Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Exposure control and tone mapping, part of 3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017).
- [Instructor] Like all photometrics in 3ds Max…an exterior daylight shot must be exposure controlled.…And when we create our Mental Ray sun and sky…we were prompted to enable…MR Photographic Exposure.…With an exposure value of 15.…Which is conveniently set up for…an outdoor daylight shot.…Let's go and customize that now.…Under Rendering…choose Exposure Control.…And we could use the MR Photographic Exposure Control.…But I prefer switching over to the Physical Camera…Exposure Control.…
And that will work perfectly with Mental Ray…and it will also work with other programs.…So let's do that, we'll change the exposure control…type to Physical Camera Exposure Control.…As soon as we do that, our screen goes white…because the exposure value has changed.…Here's a tricky little switch.…It says, Use physical camera controls if available.…I want to disable that…because it's taking the value from…the physical camera in the scene.…And I want to be able to set that value here.…
This exists so that you could have multiple physical…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Photometric lighting and gamma correction
- High dynamic range and exposure control
- Global illumination
- Exterior daylight
- Image-based lighting
- Atmospheric effects
- Geometric backdrops and self-illumination
- Hiding the background for compositing
- Interior daylight
- Studio soft lighting
- Importing photometric data
- Light and shadow exclusion
- Mapping light with Projector Map
- Lens Effects
Skill Level Advanced
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
3ds Max: Advanced Materials (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
2. Exterior Daylight
3. Photometric Interiors
Importing photometric data3m 48s
4. Studio Lighting and Effects
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.