Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting your map types, part of 3ds Max: Substance to Arnold.
- [Instructor] To make a start at quickly and easily…getting the various map channels that we want…out of the Painter application,…the first thing we are going to want to do…is either come to the File menu,…and use the Export Textures command.…Or simply right-click in the viewport,…and choose it from there.…Taking a quick look at the options found in the dialogue,…working from the top down,…we see that we have the ability to set an output path,…to set a file type, or image format,…along with its associated bit-depth.…We can choose an export preset…from the scrollable configuration drop-down.…
We can choose a padding type,…and a pixel value for the padding size.…And we can even decide which of the texture sets available…we want to export, and at what resolution…those texture maps should be written to disk.…Before we use any of these options though,…let's jump into the configuration tab,…and take a look at what is going on there.…In the presets list, on the left of the UI,…you can see that we have a whole bunch of options…
- Why should we use substances?
- Choosing a substance workflow
- Using Bitmap2Material in 3ds Max
- Building up your material
- Working with substances and maps from the Designer application
- Using a substance with Arnold
- Improving your substance results
- Exporting your map types
Skill Level Intermediate
Substance Painter Essential Trainingwith Wes McDermott5h 55m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
3ds Max: Rendering with Arnold (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 40m Intermediate
1. An Overview of the Substance Toolset
2. Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
3. Working with Substances from the Designer Application
4. Working with Maps from the Designer Application
5. Working with Maps from the Painter Application
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.