Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting your map types, part of 3ds Max: Substance to V-Ray.
- [Instructor] To make a stab at quickly and easily…getting our map channels out of the Painter application…the very first thing we are going to want to do…is come to the File menu and use the Export Textures…command.…Taking a quick look at the options…that we have in the dialogue,…working from the top down, we see that we have the ability…to set an output path,…to set a file type or image format…along with it's associated bit depth,…we can choose an export preset…from the scrollable, configuration drop-down,…we can choose a padding type and pixel value…for the padding size, we can even decide which…of the texture sets available we want to export…and at what resolution we would like the files…to be written to disk.…
Before we actually make use of any of these options, though,…let's jump into the Configuration tab…and take a look at what is going on, there.…From the presets list on the left of the UI,…we will, of course, want to choose the standard…V-Ray option, given that we have no multi-tile UV sets…or UDIMs in our scene.…
- What are substances and why should we use them?
- Choosing your substance workflow mode
- Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
- Loading the Bitmap2Material node into 3ds Max
- Building your material
- Working with substances from Substance Designer
- Working with maps from Substance Designer
- Exporting the map types
- Exporting maps from Substance Painter
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
1. Overview of Substance Based Tools
The substance toolset4m 9s
2. Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
3. Working with Substances from Substance Designer
4. Working with Maps from Substance Designer
5. Exporting Maps from Substance Painter
What's next?1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.