Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting a substance from Designer, part of 3ds Max: Substance to V-Ray.
- [Instructor] At this point in the…material creation process, we're almost ready…to export our substance and bring it into…3ds Max for rendering in V-Ray.…Although, one of the things that we still need to do…is make sure that we're exposing relevant parameters…to the final texturing artists so that quick and easy tweaks…to the substance can still be made…even when we're inside 3ds Max.…To do that, let's select the red brick substance node…in the graph, and then from the drop-down at the top…of the instance parameters rollout,…choose the Expose Parameters option.…
As we are simply re-exposing parameters that have…already been deemed important for this material,…we can click the All button and hit OK.…Now, if we have done everything correctly,…our ability to tweak these options…in the instance parameters rollout should disappear,…but if we come over to the Explorer panel,…and click to select the old red brick export graph,…we can switch to preview mode in the…input parameters rollout, and, as we take a look here,…
- What are substances and why should we use them?
- Choosing your substance workflow mode
- Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
- Loading the Bitmap2Material node into 3ds Max
- Building your material
- Working with substances from Substance Designer
- Working with maps from Substance Designer
- Exporting the map types
- Exporting maps from Substance Painter
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
1. Overview of Substance Based Tools
The substance toolset4m 9s
2. Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
3. Working with Substances from Substance Designer
4. Working with Maps from Substance Designer
5. Exporting Maps from Substance Painter
What's next?1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.