Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting the model, part of Game Art: Model & UV Map a Low Poly Character.
- [Instructor] In this particular video,…we are going to set about exporting our meshes…so that they are ready to be used in the baking process…that will give us our finished normal maps.…By way of a quick prior warning here,…you are going to be somewhat unhappy…with the initial results that we get from our normal bake,…and you will perhaps think that,…well, you've wasted your time working through this course.…But don't worry though…because we are going to fix the problem that we see…and discuss the cause of it.…And it is a cause…that will probably seem a little nonsensical at first…but we are digressing here and so…we will get to that in a little while.…
With our low poly mesh selected then,…let's go ahead and make sure that…our stack is fully collapsed.…We also want to make sure that our object is properly named,…so in this instance, I'm just going to call this,…SM_LP_Mesh.…So, SM for static mesh,…which is what this will be classed as in unreal,…and then LP to denote that this is the low poly mesh.…Indeed, if I just select our high poly mesh,…
- Gamma and scale
- Setting up a scene
- Creation and shaping
- Using symmetry modifiers
- UV mapping
- Using guide objects
- Detailing and finishing
- Refining a model
- Prepping a model
- Exporting a model
- Fixing issues
- Normal map baking
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Appropriate for all
1. Modeling and Unwrapping the Drive Wheel Assembly
2. Building and UV Mapping the Wheels and Tread
3. Creating and Mapping the Head
4. Modeling and UV Mapping the Piston Assembly
5. Final Modeling, FBX Export, and Normal Map Baking
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.