Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting the map types, part of 3ds Max: Substance to V-Ray.
- [Instructor] Having seen how we can both export…and use a substance file with V-Ray in 3ds Max,…what we want to do in this chapter is come back to…the designer application, and take a look at…how we go about exporting bitmap files…for use in our materials as opposed, that is,…to working with the procedural substance archive itself.…Inside Substance Designer then, our graphs are in…the exact same state as when we exported…the substance archive in the previous chapter,…which is brilliant 'cause this means that they're…already setup to export both spec glass…and metal roof outputs should we want or need them,…although, given that we are now going to be writing…bitmap files to disk, we will probably want to choose…which of these we're going to make use of in advance…given that we aren't going to be able to…easily switch options in the way that we could…with our substance file.…
We will also, of course, need to make a decision…regarding the resolution of our texture maps,…seeing as we won't have the luxury…of being able to alter that…
- What are substances and why should we use them?
- Choosing your substance workflow mode
- Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
- Loading the Bitmap2Material node into 3ds Max
- Building your material
- Working with substances from Substance Designer
- Working with maps from Substance Designer
- Exporting the map types
- Exporting maps from Substance Painter
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
1. Overview of Substance Based Tools
The substance toolset4m 9s
2. Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
3. Working with Substances from Substance Designer
4. Working with Maps from Substance Designer
5. Exporting Maps from Substance Painter
What's next?1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.