- Let's look at moving models and animation…out of a 3D program and into RealFlow…in order to perform liquid simulations.…I've got 3D Max open with a simple faucet scene.…You can see I've got the RealFlow…and RealFlow render kit plugins installed.…So, I've got a couple of toolbars there.…You'll also see that there's a RealFlow menu…but these items are actually redundant…to the icons on the toolbar.…Before you export anything…you need to make sure that you scene scale…is correct and that your frame rate is correct.…
The frame rate's easy enough.…I've done that already in the time configuration here.…Frames per second is 15.…I've got some simple animation on here,…the faucet turns.…You can see the keyframes here.…And my timeline runs from frame 0 to 75.…That's set up correctly.…Now we need to think about the scale.…RealFlow works in meters…and RealFlow expects that 3DS Max will be set up…to meters as well.…However, this isn't just setting it up…so that the units are displayed as meters…or that the grid is showing meters.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
You'll learn how to create small-scale effects with standard particles, create free-flowing water effects with the Hybrido solver, and simulate open bodies of water such as oceans and ponds with RealWave. Author Aaron F. Ross also shows how to control interactions between objects and fluids with Caronte, the rigid- and soft-body physics engine included with RealFlow.
- Understanding the RealFlow pipeline
- Importing scenes from other 3D programs
- Emitting standard particles
- Caching data
- Simulating a Hybrido fluid
- Creating a Caronte rigid body
- Converting particles and fluids to mesh
- Exporting scenes
- Rendering with mental ray
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
1. Getting Familiar with RealFlow
2. Particle Simulation
3. Hybrido Simulation
4. RealWave with Caronte Rigid-Body Simulation
5. Interoperability with 3D Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.