Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting from 3ds Max to FBX, part of 3ds Max and Maya Integration.
- If we're ready to export now,…having set up all of our materials,…let's turn our lights back on…that we turned off for the purposes of baking.…Go into Tools, Light Lister,…turn all the lights back on.…We can also turn on Realistic Shading,…and we're now ready to export.…Go to the application menu, and choose Export, Export.…It's going to take us to the current projects export folder,…and the default type is FBX which is what we want.…
I will name the file artistMannequin and click save,…and the FBX Export dialog comes up.…You will see the Current Preset is…Autodesk Media & Entertainment.…We can open up some of these options and investigate.…Geometry will be included,…including things like TurboSmooth,…or Subdivision Surface Modifiers.…By default, Animation is turned on,…but we don't have any animation in this scene.…Cameras and Lights are also getting exported.…
Under Advanced Options, you will see things like Units,…and currently, the Scale Factor is set to 1.…This should mean that when we import this into Maya,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Managing and tracking assets
- Setting up a shared texture library
- Streamlining user interfaces
- Using Maya mode hotkeys in 3ds Max
- Harmonizing scene units and frame rates
- Rendering procedural textures to bitmaps
- Translating scenes with the FBX file format
- Correcting materials, lighting, and surfaces
- Using the Send To command
- Baking animation to keyframes
- Saving a geometry cache
- Distilling complex animation with Alembic
Skill Level Advanced
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
1. Managing Assets
Asset tracking in 3ds Max4m 19s
2. Harmonizing Preferences
3. Transferring Materials
4. Transferring Models and Animation
5. Transferring Data with Alembic
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.