Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting PSD files, part of 3ds Max: Substance to Arnold.
- [Narrator] Another export option available to us…when working in Substance Painter…is that of writing out multi-layered PSD files…that could then be used in 3ds max and arnold…with the standard surface material.…To show how basic Photoshop export works…in Substance Painter, let's use the…export textures command once again,…and this time make certain that our output path…is set to the psd folder,…that again can be found in the exercise file structure.…We will want to set the file type to either…the 8 or 16 bit psd option;…we will stick with 8 bit on this occasion.…
We will want just the wheel texture set enabled,…seeing as we have already written exr files for the others…and we will also need to have the correct arnold option…chosen in the config drop-down.…With all of that done, we can hit the export button,…and once the export is complete, we can click to open…the psd folder, where we do indeed have…quite a large single psd file waiting.…If I just click to open that up in Photoshop,…you can see that what we have here is a…
- Why should we use substances?
- Choosing a substance workflow
- Using Bitmap2Material in 3ds Max
- Building up your material
- Working with substances and maps from the Designer application
- Using a substance with Arnold
- Improving your substance results
- Exporting your map types
Skill Level Intermediate
Substance Painter Essential Trainingwith Wes McDermott5h 55m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
3ds Max: Rendering with Arnold (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 40m Intermediate
1. An Overview of the Substance Toolset
2. Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
3. Working with Substances from the Designer Application
4. Working with Maps from the Designer Application
5. Working with Maps from the Painter Application
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.