Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting PSD files, part of 3ds Max: Substance to V-Ray.
- [Narrator] An advanced export option…that we have available to us when working…in Substance Painter is that of writing out…multiple layered PSD files that can be used…to further augment our textures inside of Photoshop,…or indeed any image editing or painting application…that supports the .PSD format.…Now, unlike the other file types that we have already…written to disk,…we are not simply talking about straightforward,…flattened versions of the texture maps,…but rather faithful reconstructions of the layer stacks…that we see at work inside of Substance Painter itself.…
Although, it is worth noting here that not all of…Painter's blending modes can be replicated…inside of Photoshop.…Something that would probably require a little bit…of investigation on our part before we go ahead and export,…especially if we have used some of…Painter's more unusual blending modes.…Now, you may be wondering why,…if we already have Substance Painter available…to us with its fantastic tool set,…we would ever need to take a fully editable version…
- What are substances and why should we use them?
- Choosing your substance workflow mode
- Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
- Loading the Bitmap2Material node into 3ds Max
- Building your material
- Working with substances from Substance Designer
- Working with maps from Substance Designer
- Exporting the map types
- Exporting maps from Substance Painter
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
1. Overview of Substance Based Tools
The substance toolset4m 9s
2. Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
3. Working with Substances from Substance Designer
4. Working with Maps from Substance Designer
5. Exporting Maps from Substance Painter
What's next?1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.