Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Exercise files, part of 3ds Max: UVW Mapping.
- [Voiceover] If you are a premium member of the Lynda.com online training library, you will have access to the entire set of exercise files used for the duration of this course. These are located in the "Exercise_Files" folder, which, as you can see here, has for convenience sake been placed on my desktop. You can, of course, feel free to place this folder and its accompanying files anywhere you like. There are stat scenes to go along with most of the movies in this course. And these reside in subfolders located inside the 3ds Max project folder.
With each subfolder being named according to its corresponding chapter. Now it isn't in any way essential that you make use of these files in order to follow along with and benefit from this course. As you can quite easily make use of your own scenes, should you want or need to. If you are a monthly or annual subscriber to Lynda.com, you won't have access to the exercise files themselves. But, again, you'll be able to quite happily work through this course using 3ds Max scene files of your own.
- What are UVW coordinates?
- Understanding UVW space
- Autogenerating coordinates
- Using map channels
- Working with the World XYZ and Object XYZ systems
- Peel and pelt mapping
- Reshaping UV elements
- Relaxing UVs
- Rendering out a UV template